Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Still Knitting...

Why yes I am still knitting. I just have not had anything to report until now. I am currently only knitting one project although I should probably start something else - perhaps some socks. I am knitting another Shetland shawl. This time I am knitting in lace weight and let me just say that I feel like I am knitting with floss. I really love the emerald color. I had only 1 ball and although I thought that would be enough being that it is 470 yards....I don't think it will work out. So I went on Ravelry and found someone who was selling a skein. Tomorrow I will pop the money and the mail and hopefully my yarn will arrive soon there after. Let's hope I can get this done as it is a gift. I love how this is looking although I think I prefer a heavier weight yarn like I used for mine.

I did some sewing a few weeks ago to for my MIL and SIL's birthdays. I had some dried lavender that I used as a filling. I did 3 each and made each one different. Cupcakes, Chocolate bars, houses, presents, truffles, and M & M's. I appliqued them. It didn't take too long, although there were lots of little pieces. I am happy how they came out - the house and chocolate truffle stand are my favorite.

Not much else going on around here. Oh wait....we are looking to buy a house! That is exciting news!!! Wish us luck. Hope Spring has sprung where you are. We are having a very wet April.

Oops I forgot to post a picture of some baby booties on an actual baby...Aren't they sweet?

4 comments:

SissySees said...

I love that color too! I don't mind laceweight after about 20 rows, but getting started and adjusting to the stuff is a bit painful.

Bubblesknits said...

I have a hard time knitting with laceweight, too. It makes my hands cramp up trying to hold on to it.

Good luck with the house hunting!

Melissa said...

Those look great!

KSee said...

pretty color. Luv the lavender sachet. Keep up posted on the house hunt. Booties & baby are darling.